How to do this job
Where to look for this Job
Second area of Experience
Continuing to new areas of Hospitality- and learning what is Housekeeping
Even if the weather in England was the only se saw topic many locals found themselves talking about or even complaining about. For me I invested in a thermal jacket from some swish clothing shop to keep the cold at bay in the always buzzing little historic town. The greenery and moisture of fresh air was always a welcoming sight when the sun was out for a little while.
Second up was my experience as a housekeeper, Yes you heard correctly… I worked as a Housekeeper to bring my area of hospitality Experience in a new area
(luckily or not so, you judge , I required no prior housekeeping experience to for fill this duty as required)
Let me explain what is housekeeping and what I did as a housekeeper.
I have to admit that any situation could bring surprises to your day as you will not necessary find every situation as straight forward as the previous. Once I found broken part of the hotel room all over and that luckily meant that housekeeping was needed after engineering could fix and replace the damages done.
One more point to make is the continuants of the stocking and organizing of trollies with amenities and always depleting linen stock. When you go all the way back through the maze like corridors of the hotel down to where no guest ever goes, down to find the laundry room.
You will almost always be greeted with a unhelpful smile of staff not having the basics of proper English in their vocabulary, or if they do you know you better still keep patient in waiting with fellow workers to get their assigned rooms completed as the scarcity of clean linen becomes obvious .
I probably have more experience in this area than I’d like to admit.
Every hotel I have been assigned to go work for had some form of stock or linen shortage. This made things unnecessarily problematic. However working in groups sometimes gave you an opportunity to learn and find out the most interesting things about cultures and ideals you never knew or considered.
How to do the job of a Housekeeper
Updated June 2013
Housekeeping Office – Housekeeping Attendant
As Per Swissotel Hotel Company
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
Swissotel Makkah is Swissotel’s first hotel to open in Saudi Arabia. The hotel offers 1487 elegant rooms and suites with modern design, complementing the values of today’s Arab culture.
As part of the prestigious Abraj Al Bait complex, the deluxe Swissotel Makkah is a contemporary five-star hotel located in close proximity to the holy Masjid Al Haraam, overlooking the Ka’aba and the Grand Mosque.
Swissotel Makkah is part of a new urban development, including two restaurants, one executive lounge, two meeting rooms and a business centre. It has private entrances that make it easier for pilgrims to reach Al Masjid Al Haram. We invite you to be part of the dynamic Housekeeping team as
For the following department:
Rooms Division – Housekeeping
Summary of Responsibilities:
- To consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- To clean all assigned guestrooms including: dusting, making beds, soiled linen removal from rooms, and retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning, replenish rooms with supplies
- To sign in and out master keys daily
- To maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment
- To update and record all cleaned rooms
- To return and properly tag all lost and found articles in the Housekeeping Office
- To follow departmental policies and procedures and service standards
- To report necessary maintenance items
- To follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
• Previous housekeeping experience an asset
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Selected candidate will be offered based on the visa availability at Swissotel Makkah
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
Swissôtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer